Each Vanshades Window Pod is manufactured from automotive grade high impact ABS plastic. The robust unit sits into the recess of a VW T5 & T6 and is mounted with a pre tensioned blackout or thermal/blackout blind.
Supplied carpeted or naked so you can finish to your own spec. They are easy and quick to fit. Simply offer the pod up to the window, it locates itself centrally within the window reveal and screws in with the supplied self tapping tec bolts and cover caps.
We offer 13 variants to cover every possible window configuration including factory fitted sliders and tailgate motor housings.
Let’s face it, in the conversion world, style and quality has moved on but unfortunately the humble curtain, hasn’t.
There’s no arguing that curtains do their job as long as that job is closing so you can change your smalls, but curtains fail to provide the most basic of functions:
- they are usually fiddly to close and can get in the way
- inefficient – they don’t keep you warm in winter and cool in summer and they can soak up condensation and go mouldy
- they let in the light when you want stay asleep
- curtain-lovers may disagree but curtains can look dated
- unsightly tracks and rails
- fiddly and time consuming to fit
So what’s an alternative idea for camper van curtains?
There’s a new and frankly quite sexy alternative to curtains for your camper conversion, namely, the Vanshades Original WindowPod® system. WindowPods are the very latest in design and come pre-installed with quality blinds.
Vanshades WindowPods®, available for VW T5 & T6 vans.
Instead of dated curtain styles with rails or tracks visible, you can now have a modern, stylish, thermally efficient blinds system. Quick and easy to fit, a finish which looks integrated and complements your quality conversion.
Our system solves all the shortcomings of camper van curtains:
- they are quick and easy to use
- they are thermally efficient, won’t soak up water and go mouldy
- they are available in blackout and thermal/blackout
- they look great, they’re modern, sleek and stylish
- they are very easy to install. A full van in as little as 30 mins!
It’s now easy to solve the problem of finding a stylish alternative to curtains to achieve a high end, fully integrated and modern “limo-look” or “tour-bus” quality.
If we still haven’t convinced you that curtains have had their day, here’s a photo of the inside of a 1967 Cadillac Hearse. If your van conversion resembles this, then it’s time to embrace a little change and benefit from;
- No more broken drill bits
- No more cutting down and shaping headrails
- No more snagging curtains
- No more fiddly screws
- More choice for your customers